- The Barbary– Crowds line up for real time music and party parties only at that off-the-beaten-path club that draws the city’s LGBTQ hipster set to Fishtown. Popular DJs spin sets during unique retro activities, like old-school Goth and brand brand New Wave events. 951 Frankford Avenue, (215) 634-7400, email protected
- Bob and Barbara’s – Each Thursday evening, revelers mind to the popular Southern Street plunge club for the city’s longest-running drag show, hosted by Miss Lisa Lisa. B and B’s can also be most commonly known because of its Citywide Special, a go of Jim Beam with a Pabst Blue Ribbon chaser. 1509 Southern Street, (215) 545-4511
- Bud & Marilyn’s – of most of cook Marcie Turney and spouse Valerie Safran’s acclaimed destinations that are dining 13 th Street, Bud & Marilyn’s feels many like community. In the menu: US convenience meals and cocktails. Later on in 2010, Turney and Safran will debut an eatery in Center City’s iconic APPRECIATE Park. 1234 Locust Street, (215) 546-2220
- Dirty Frank’s – an corner that is unassuming bar greets probably the most diverse clients in the town: attorneys, artists, pupils, perhaps the periodically visiting celebrity feel welcome in a eclectic environment that is super LGBTQ-welcoming. Bonus: Rotating art exhibitions in the bar’s off the beaten track gallery display initial work by up-and-coming and established musicians. In June 2019, an exhibition that is special the 50 th anniversary of Stonewall. 347 S. 13 th Street, (215) 732-5010
- Franky Bradley’s – The venue that when housed Philly’s premiere lesbian club stays real to its origins with a normal lineup of LGBTQ-friendly events—including drag and burlesque—in its upper-level lounge. Kitschy artwork decorates the downstairs living area, where clients can mingle during the club at pleased hour or grab a dining dining dining table for the intimate supper. 1320 Chancellor Street, (215) 735-0735,
- L’Etage– Upstairs from creperie Beau Monde, this gay-owned, Parisian-inspired nightclub features underground drag, burlesque and gender-fluid performance functions from Philly and nyc. 624 S. 6 th Street, (215) 592-0656,
- Punch Line – This Liberties that is northern comedy spotlights funny individuals 7 days a week, by having a lineup which includes LGBTQ comedy evenings and unique sets by well-known LGBTQ comics. Punch Line’s Drag Diva Brunch every is a must saturday. 33 E. Laurel Street, (215) 608-6555,
- Valanni – This popular Gayborhood that is little restaubar young specialists at its dimly lit club for cocktails and Mediterranean-inspired little dishes. Valanni’s brunch is definitely a week-end draw, particularly in warmer months, whenever sidewalk sitting could be the location to see and start to become seen. 1229 Spruce Street, (215) 790-9494, valanni
Day-to-Night Hangouts & Community Spaces:
- Amalgam Comics + Coffeehouse – Queer-, Black- and female-owned, this Fishtown comics shop and cafe has grown to become a hub that is welcoming die-hard fans from through the region and regularly hosts game nights, readings and conferences. 2578 Frankford Avenue, (215) 427-3300
- William Method LGBT Community Center – This hub of LGBTQ life in Philadelphia hosts reside activity, gallery exhibitions, outings, organizations and, recently, women’s programming 365 days (and evenings) per year. Nightlife options vary—book clubs, yoga classes, coffee talks, mahjongg games, art openings—to the less so, such as for instance bi-monthly concerts, getaway parties therefore the Mr. Philly Drag King this is certainly yearly pageant. The inviting safe room additionally features a collection and substantial archive of LGBTQ history. 1315 Spruce Street, (215) 732-2220
Parties, Art, Networking & More:
- Lgbt Urban Explorers (GLUE) – GLUE gathers adventuresome adventurers for unique outings for the town. Typical locations might consist of old warehouses, abandoned buildings or untraveled tunnels.
- Institute of modern Art (ICA) – On Wednesdays until 8 p.m., visitors explore a few of the country’s most cutting-edge art that is fine installments as of this University of Pennsylvania museum. Many of ICA’s major programs right right right here have actually dedicated to art by way of a genderqueer lens. 118 S. 36 th Street, (215) 898-7108,
- Lesbians Who Tech + Allies – This nationally based mixer that is networking Philly lesbians into the technology industry via pleased hour http://datingrating.net/victoria-milan-review/ meet-ups throughout the town.
- Our particular date – This networking event is made to connect LGBTQ individuals through social activities that help regional nonprofit businesses. Month-to-month events occur at rotating venues into the town.
- Queer Urbanist Exchange – a group that is social individuals enthusiastic about urban design and preparing hosts monthly pleased hours, along side socially driven and academic occasions over summer and winter.
- Intercourse Dwarf– WXPN DJ Robert Drake hosts this popular brand new Wave party party every very very very first Saturday of this thirty days at rotating venues. The party transforms the area it is in as a 1980s-style clubhouse, filled with retro tunes rotating later to the evening.
- Sip City Mixer – Mover-and-shaker Rebecca Kenton organizes this free-entry stretched pleased hour. Her objective: Gather and celebrate women that are diverse the city every 3 to 5 days with parties at probably the most popular venues within the city.
- Stimulus Philly – ladies of most persuasions regular these stylish parties developed by lesbians whom created an alternative solution to the nightlife scene that is usual.
- Sunday Tea – This day that is pop-up focuses on LGBTQ folks of color to locate a laidback vibe to get rid of the week-end. The attire: Sunday brunch casual—it’s a tea party, in the end. Concourse Dance Bar, 1635 Marketplace Street, (267) 534-4128
- SWAY – One of Philly’s biggest party parties is done by as well as LGBTQ people of color—and constantly lands at a unique location.
- T Girls United – This transgender-friendly team hosts parties at different venues through the area.
Burlesque, Karaoke + Cabaret:
- Bearded Ladies Cabaret – Helmed by queer performer John Jarboe, this movie theater troupe creates its very own programs and appears at beloved unique activities. Barbara Streisand, Edith Piaf and Mr. Rogers count one of the inspirations for the combined group’s productions. Beardedladiescabaret
- Honeytree Evil Eye Burlesque – a passionate LGBTQ crowd follows dancer that is burlesque Evil Eye to late-night activities around city, as a result of her rotating cast of LGBTQ performers.
- Peek-a-Boo Revue – The troupe that is neo-burlesque an adults-only pastiche of singing, dance, comedy and classic striptease, embodying all of that is vaudeville entertainment with an injection of modernity. Started in 1998, Philly’s longest operating burlesque show executes at clubs all over city.
- Sing your daily life Karaoke – For a long time, Sara Sherr has hosted one of several karaoke nights that are best within the city—and gets the devoted LGBTQ following to show it. The easiest way to get her next gig is through following her on social networking.
SEE PHILADELPHIA ® is our title and our objective. Since the region’s formal tourism advertising agency, we develop better Philadelphia’s image, drive visitation and raise the economy.