HIEN LUONG BRIDGE ROOM

Hien Luong Bridge was built by the French in 1952 and destroyed by American bombs in 1967. At the time, it was painted red and yellow, a vivid reminder that this was a physical and ideological boundary separating the two zones of Viet Nam. The present old iron-girder bridge was reconstructed in 1973, and officially re-opened in 1975 as a symbol of reunification. The current new bridge was  restored in 2002 and opened to public as a historical relic in 2003